Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Inspiration Interlude: vintage nightgowns






While I’m hard at work preparing for some pretty cool blog posts to come, I wanted to fill the meantime with some outfit inspiration pictures that I took with Mac Moss of MPA Photographics. Usually on this blog, I post pictures of outfits that are more or less meant to be worn in a public sphere then follow with written advice and commentary on how I styled the look. But part of my focus is to incorporate aspirations of outfit goals and other things I could only dream of wearing. I believe that inspiration posts are absolutely necessary for helping create a certain vision or aesthetic. And hey, a girl can dream, right?

I have in my possession a secret drawer of gorgeous nightgowns I’ve accumulated, some vintage and new. I’m in love with the delicate details each gown has – the silky, fine fabric, the dainty lace, the soft colors. But like most things we hold in highest favor, I rarely ever use the gowns for fear of damaging them somehow. How is it that the more we love something, the less likely we are to wear it? My excuse for never wearing these nightgowns is the fact that when it comes to nightwear, all my pajamas are a minimum of five years old and are selected only for maximum coziness. Plus, I hardly feel like being fashionable when I’m drooling in my sleep.

If I could ever muster the talent to design fashion, I would totally take inspiration for daywear dresses from nightgowns. They are incredibly comfortable and to me, they are the epitome of sexy. When I came up with the name “Harlequin” for a fashion blog, I kind of had these kinds of images in mind. The name does seem to resonate with lingerie, but it also matched my ideal for Haute Couture/Runway wear.

I'm very excited to announce that I will be posting exclusive outtakes of my shoot with Mac on my Instagram - be sure to follow me there to check them out in the very near future!

I don’t want to tease too many details, but right now I am assembling my next blog series where I'll be incorporating a specific theme throughout - and there are some other things, other 'projects' that I can't wait to unveil. Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment