Tuesday, May 10, 2011

a weirdo in diamond pattern tights.




I'm horrible at deciding and sticking with names. Names are proprietors of identity, personality, history, and to choose something so lightly counteracts the purpose of a name. "Harlequin" is reminiscent of Venetian jesters, a weirdo in diamond pattern tights - (also to correlates the name of my first pet, Harley) - or of the Batman lady villain I was enamored with as a child. I like the idea of embodying a royal fool, a concept highly prevalent in my art recently: the celebratory virtue of not being serious. (can you spot the paradox I've presented?)

Or at least the conclusion that I will always be the girl who has nothing important to say but speaks for the righteousness of deeper understanding.

lips inspired by Model Love


-h.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to the fashionable things you find on the web and feel like sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete